Google Chrome - Google's New Web Browser



Google Chrome
Have you heard that Google just launched a new web browser called Google Chrome on the 2nd September 2008?

I've downloaded it a few days back and have been testing it on different various sites and I’m quite impressed with it but... what I can is it's not as fast as I expected it to be. =)

You can watch the video below to hear and learn more about the story behind Google Chrome from the development team on the thinking and features behind Google Chrome.




After watching the video above, you can roughly get the idea what's this Google Chrome all about. If you still don't, you can also check out Google Chrome's own comic book by Scott McCloud here.

According to Google, they say Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.


The disadvantage for now is that they do not have the add-ons which I normally use on Mozilla Firefox. What you expect huh? They just launched not long ago and I don't think this will be a big problem for Google. Oh yea, they won't be calling it add-ons for Google Chrome but it's called "Google Gears". So for now, I have to be a little patient for the developers to come out with the Google Gears. =)

Currently I have 5 web browsers on my laptop and with Google Chrome, it will be the latest addition to my family of web browsers I'm using. Hehe

If you have already tried Google Chrome, you can leave your comments telling me what you think about it or any feedbacks.

What Next?

If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to subscribe to my RSS Feed to stay updated of the latest post.
Subscribe new posts by RSS feed or by Email.

Google Chrome - Google's New Web BrowserSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

Porshalan on September 13, 2008 at 1:51 AM said...

I juz download and use it for 3 days already.. to my opinion is considered fast. I remember I upload a video on youtube.. usually it took me quite a long time to complete upload on FF and the worst IE.(1mb per minute). My file is 173mb. I estimated it will took around 3 hours. However, that day it took me 2 hours to upload the whole video. That I consider fast. I also load other graphic webpage. Quite fast also, less than 5 seconds to load. To me is consider fast..

David Weldy on September 13, 2008 at 8:46 AM said...

I downloaded it last week. It is a very basic browser, which is what you would expect from a beta. I DID think it was a bit faster than Foxfire. I found the bookmarks a bit confusing...I would save them and then couldn't find them. Anyway, they have a lot of work to do with it. I love Firefox anyway.

Anonymous said...

Alan, thanks for sharing your experience about the speed of uploading videos to youtube. =)

I have not tried Google Chrome with uploading videos yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Yes for now it's still a very basic browser and some work have to be done with the bookmarks. I don't really like the bookmark function with the bookmark bar.

Hi-five!! I still prefer using firefox.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Ben The Drummer's Personal Blog. All rights reserved.